Saturday 21 April 2012

Slow is beautiful through film -music video, fashion video.......


I know this is a bit late but i did not realise that everything I was posting on my personal blog was not going on to the group blog so here is all my easter work. 

I saw the latest music video Lana del Rey did and though it really reflected slow is beautiful through the way it was filmed. The use of rippled and water affects over the image, the slow motion which creates anticipation. It is in black and white which really fits with the whole feel of the video. The lighting hitting the water and her face, it is very hypnotic. I love the water affect and maybe it is something we could experiment with.






I have had a bit of an obsession with Alexander McQueen through the project so far especially how he presents his work through film and this is a tribute film to him has amazing elements too it. One of my favourite is the flower dress it looks as if it is blooming while it is on the model. 





Movement is such a key element with garments how to make them look elegant and flatter the figure. By using a wind machine you can make a garment look as light as air. Lady Gaga shows this is a behind the scenes shoot. It is so elegant and beautiful.





This last film is longer and a fashion film which from beginning to end looks at movement the form. Confusing the view through adding effects that look like ink dispersing over the image it is so intriguing I could not take my eyes off it. The sounds really complements the images.It is Paris week: Gareth Pugh Autumn/winter 2009 by showstudio



No comments:

Post a Comment