Tuesday 8 May 2012

Hiding Layers

Yesterday I did a mini shoot with a few of my samples to see what they looked like up against a brick wall. I thought it would be an interesting place to revisit where we got our original inspiration for the project. I have tried to layer the samples over one another so as to almost hide the layer underneath as you add more. I wanted to try and experiment with our concept of the hidden inner beauty of things and I think these could relate to our project quite nicely. 




 I think it's quite interesting to see the patterns you get coming through once you layer the pieces on top of one another and it's that part that I think captures our concept. If this was then translated into something wearable we would make something that had lots of layers to it and as the layers continued they got less and less detailed, leaving the heavily detailed pieces near the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment