Saturday 5 May 2012

Update on French Knotted Piece.

I have continued to work on this piece in my own time and it has started to grow progressively quicker. I have started to mix in some dyed orangey threads to emphasise the terracotta colours you see in brickwork so much. I thought i'd post this on the group blog as it could be something we decided to put into our final film as a projection or maybe with someone wearing it! I also thought that it captures our idea of hidden Manchester quite well and the brickwork aspect. It could be something to develop as a group and add layers over the top?


 These knots have taken such a long time to do, as I have to connect each knot into the next so that they attach without having to use any dissovable fabric. I realise it won't be possible to finish this piece before the end of the project but I think this really does portray our starting idea of the slow is beautiful. Mainly because of its time consuming properties. Also I think there is enough of the piece to get across my concept.


  I am really happy with the way this sample has developed and it may even be something I continue to develop throughout the next few months and watch its growth. It also holds a lot of our hidden concept as I add more and more knots other colours and stitches get swallowed up by the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment